Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Yer... 9 days late

Happy New Year :D I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!

Lets start with the amazing cause I heard about today. It is called beads of courage. It was created by a woman in Arizona and its aim is to help children express all that they go through when battling cancer.
I was moved to tears by the bravery that the kids show ... I think this is a cause that brings positivity, in a situation that might not have a lot otherwise, and provides children with a coping mechanism that they might not have found.

You can check out the website. It is bright, informative and worth at least a perusal, I think this would be a wonderful cause to support here in Canada; www.beadsofcourage.org 
CBS aired this, about beads of courage, just the other day:                                                                          http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7143083n

When we were in Colorado at our training camp I came across a neat website. It is a lot like Etsy, or Uncrate. I have been known to frequent both of these websites but the one I look at most regularly is fancy . It has everything and anything you could dream of, I think. I was perusing the sight the other day when I came across this ...
I know this is simple. But I think there is beauty in that. Sometimes when life is moving quickly, or things are hard it is the simple things that fall by the waste side. I love the holiday season but I am acutely aware that not everyone has a wonderful time during this season. It is easy to feel lost and down, the ideals of Christmas have certainly changed over the years. I find more people are stressed and worried rather than enjoying the company of those they care about. What if a  bit of cheer could simply be found in a poster hanging innocently on a board?? This made me smile and I have to say this is probably the 10th time I have looked at this since I found it. Every time I see it, I smile. So, why not keep looking at it? Why not take what we need, especially if its free ;)

 I hope you are having a good Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment