Friday, January 27, 2012

What are you waiting for??

 TGIF :)
I am happy its Friday because it means that I am one day closer to getting off the couch and back at life. Being laid up the last week and a half I have watched more tv, read more and searched more websites than I normally do in possibly 3 months. It has certainly been a change but one that I don't think I will continue with once I am back to 100%.
My sister, Kyra, shared this really neat "photo" on facebook ... and it has really got me thinking.
I find that I have so many desires and plans. I have a bucket list with almost a hundred things on it. I want to do so many things, see so many places and experience as much of this amazing planet as I possibly can.
I want to see the wonders of the world, I want to experience the high fashion of Paris and New York, I also want to see some of the most amazing works of art that spread the globe. Not to mention I want to surf in Indonesia and trek through the rain forest. I would love to bike across Africa ... plus all the obvious desires that come from being involved in high performance sport. Cue Morgan Freeman's voice and the narration about dreams and the Olympics( thank you visa)
So today, instead of feeling bad for myself that I am on the couch, knowing that I am going to be on the couch for a little while longer, I am deciding to do something ... I am not going to just pass the time. I know its sort of silly that this "picture" is what is changing my attitude but inspiration comes in all shapes and sizes, right?
One of the items on my bucket list is to become involved with and help a charity. So, that is what I am going to use my days for. I have decided that the money from the kiabyers.com glasses I am selling I will donate to a charity. * If you haven't gotten a pair yet and want a pair let me know, I might even start sending them out in the mail :)*
If you have ideas or a charity in need of some extra help feel free to send me a message ...
Also if you want to share some of the items on your own bucket list, please do. As I check items off mine I will be sure to post about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment